[mpeg-OTspec] proposing DSIG update, again.

Hin-Tak Leung htl10 at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Jan 13 06:20:43 CET 2017

Hi  Peter,

Apologies for being a pain - may I ask of the schedule/plan and timescale at which fixing mssipotf.dll may happen, or revisiting the idea of changing the spec?

The reason I am asking is that, at some point I'd like to revisit some of the issues with the new re-implementation of the DSIG verification part of FontVal 2.0 :

https://github.com/HinTak/Font-Validator/issues/4
'DSIG remaining issues.'

That being #4 (and therefore one of the earliest still-open issue), will probably be a blocking issue to v2.1, if v2.1 is to happen at all.

Also, since you mentioned fixing mssipotf.dll - which perhaps means that Microsoft will be allocating engineering resource in this area. Since signature verification is closely related to the process of signing, I wonder if your engineer might like to contribute to another devel idea - a cross-platform implementation of the font signing tool:

https://github.com/Microsoft/Font-Validator/issues/44
FontVal -based DSIG signing tool

and/or commission me to work in that direction. We should take this part of discussion off the list if you wish to discuss further.

Hin-Tak