[mpeg-OTspec] Updated 4th edition working draft available for review

Levantovsky, Vladimir vladimir.levantovsky at monotype.com
Tue Mar 21 18:33:32 CET 2017

Dear Martin,

I am sure you've noticed that this particular portion of the Working Draft spec is highlighted with the comment that summarizes the essence of your proposed change (my recollection is that your original proposal was very specific to the highlighted part, not the whole paragraph). However, the standards development is a group effort, and the process requires reaching a consensus for a proposed change to make it part of the spec, and it is important for implementers to agree on it. As a chair of the AHG I am a facilitator of the discussion but I am not the one [not the only one] you need to convince to implement the proposed change.

I remember we discussed this issue via email where you were asked to outline specific use cases where the particular limitation you want to see removed was a concern, but I must admit I don’t remember the outcome of that discussion. If you did provide the description of use cases where LangSysCount limitation is a concern, I think it would be worth repeating and bringing it up again for discussion.