[mpeg-OTspec] Draft AHG report

John Hudson john at tiro.ca
Thu Oct 24 18:00:24 CEST 2019

On 23102019 12:20 pm, Levantovsky, Vladimir wrote:
> However, the real question is what we should do going forward. Yahoo
> Groups promises to keep basic email list service (it’s been unreliable
> lately), but I am not sure if email web archive will remain. Ideally,
> we’d need to find a new home for OpenType / OFF related ad hoc group
> discussions – the one that would at least offer the same level of
> services – web archive of email discussions and file / document
> storage. Any suggestions?

One option would be to move the discussions to a git format, which has
good issue tracking and would also have the possibility of enabling
participants to push draft changes to working documents for review,
which you as editor could then commit or not as appropriate.

If we want something like the Yahoo Groups model, then probably Google
Groups would be the first service to look at.

John Hudson
Tiro Typeworks Ltd    www.tiro.com
Salish Sea, BC        tiro at tiro.com

NOTE: In the interests of productivity, I am currently
dealing with email on only two days per week, usually
Monday and Thursday unless this schedule is disrupted
by travel. If you need to contact me urgently, please
use some other method of communication. Thank you.