[mpeg-OTspec] Draft AHG report

Levantovsky, Vladimir vladimir.levantovsky at monotype.com
Wed Oct 23 21:20:07 CEST 2019

Hi John, all,

Thank you once again for the heads up - I didn't see any notification from Yahoo about discontinuation of their Yahoo Groups services.

I reviewed the content of the files uploaded to Yahoo MPEG-OTspec Group - the last upload was made in 2016 when we discussed the SVG color table proposal, and the documents before that are all dated from 2008 to 2013, mostly related to 3rd edition text (published in 2015).
Considering that the new, 4th edition text of OFF standard has been published earlier this year, and that the amendment is currently underway to modify certain parts of SVG color fonts spec - I don't think we have anything in the existing group content that worth preserving - it's all outdated stuff that has already been captured in currently published OpenType / OFF specifications.

However, the real question is what we should do going forward. Yahoo Groups promises to keep basic email list service (it's been unreliable lately), but I am not sure if email web archive will remain. Ideally, we'd need to find a new home for OpenType / OFF related ad hoc group discussions - the one that would at least offer the same level of services - web archive of email discussions and file / document storage. Any suggestions?