[MPEG-OTSPEC] Updates to specification

Simon Cozens simon at simon-cozens.org
Thu Aug 13 17:55:48 CEST 2020

On 13/08/2020 16:43, Peter Constable wrote:
> In the past, when comments on the OT spec were submitted to MS (via the GitHub issues tracker or other means), then unilateral changes would be made if they were purely editorial in nature,  were reporting a technical error, or pointed to a need for clarification on a technical issue.

Thanks, Peter. I understand that technical changes need to have broader
buy-in from partners. But even corrections or clarifications presumably
need to be ("ought to be", perhaps) fed back into the ISO process at
some point - *particularly* fixes to technical errors. I imagine MS
doesn't keep those fixes to itself, but brings them to ISO for
integration, right?

How does that work when the issues are being tracked on the MS side
separate to ISO? Does MS do a periodic update of its changes to this
ad-hoc for discussion?

Simon