[MPEG-OTSPEC] Updates to specification

Peter Constable pgcon6 at msn.com
Thu Aug 13 20:29:47 CEST 2020

One clarification: While working as editor for OT versions 1.8 through 1.8.3, there is one kind of change I made somewhat unilaterally that some might consider to be crossing a line from editorial to technical: changing the _names_ of structures or structure members. (This was to bring greater consistency in naming patterns.)

I say "somewhat unilaterally": as a recall, I had gotten some input on naming conventions from several implementers in different companies at least in some specific cases and sometimes view a view to generalized principles; and IIRC, I provided delta docs with change highlighting to at least some reviewers outside MS, and certainly to Vlad (to help him synchronize in OFF, when appropriate).

Peter