[MPEG-OTSPEC] Specification and "implementors' notes"

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Fri Aug 14 23:51:37 CEST 2020

On Fri, Aug 14, 2020 at 11:53 AM Levantovsky, Vladimir <
Vladimir.Levantovsky at monotype.com> wrote:

> There is a delicate balance of things we can do in a lifetime vs. the
> impact and the outcome of things we chose to do. Considering that our time
> resources [and lifetime itself] are limited, we should choose wisely. ;)

Multiple people have been offering to clean up the spec. Eric Muller did
before all the rest of us. I've done. Nate Willis was ready to. Simon is
doing now. Is the MS / Peter declining any path to meaningful contributions
to the spec by others that is the problem, not lack of time or resources.