[MPEG-OTSPEC] lookup processing and 'chws', 'vchw'

John Hudson john at tiro.ca
Thu Aug 20 00:18:12 CEST 2020

Peter wrote:

     As the OTL feature tag registry was set up _/as a registry/_, I
have taken that to mean
     that new feature tag requests may be subject to technical review
for refinement but,
     unless a requested tag is really not well formed or very obviously
flawed, that it’s not
     subject to any kind of veto...

That's a not unreasonable interpretation of the way a registry could or
should work, but so far as I know there is no formal statement to that
effect, particularly with regard to the registry of OTL features (and
script tags, and language system tags, and variation axis tags) as
maintained by Microsoft.

John Hudson
Tiro Typeworks Ltd    www.tiro.com
Salish Sea, BC        tiro at tiro.com

NOTE: In the interests of productivity, I am currently
dealing with email on only two days per week, usually
Monday and Thursday unless this schedule is disrupted
by travel. If you need to contact me urgently, please
use some other method of communication. Thank you.