[MPEG-OTSPEC] a registry and an iso spec (Re: lookup processing and 'chws', 'vchw')

MURATA Makoto eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp
Thu Aug 20 15:28:34 CEST 2020

As Suzuki-san wrote, it is now difficult to establish a registry
that is normatively referenceable from an ISO/IEC standard.
It is now too difficult to find a registration authority (not a
SC or WG) since it has to pay the cost for liability insurance.

Recently, a registration authority in Japan decided to step down.
SC34 thus decided to create a TR by collecting all what
has been registered in the registry and also decided to
abandon the registry.  Suzuki-san is the editor of the TR.

Regards,
Makoto

Regards,
Makoto