[MPEG-OTSPEC] 回复: 回复: [EXTERNAL] Re: Shaping behavior standardization: multi-engine or "Super USE"?

Peter Constable pgcon6 at msn.com
Sat Aug 22 05:35:37 CEST 2020

The risk to existing working Indic fonts would be if software supported USE using Indic 3 tags but NOT using legacy Indic engines using Indic 2 tags. When we first created Indic 2 in Windows Vista, we continued to support the original Indic tags with the original behaviour intact. Back then, there weren’t that many Indic fonts to worry about.

Peter