[MPEG-OTSPEC] Agendas and minutes of the Font AHG

Levantovsky, Vladimir Vladimir.Levantovsky at monotype.com
Thu Oct 1 01:39:13 CEST 2020

Murata-san,

I am not really sure what are you trying to allude to … but let me remind you that:

1)      All AHG reports and any proposals we submitted as a group are available from the MPEG document management system as input contributions. If you want to look at them, you can access the system at http://wg11.sc29.org/.

2)      All output documents (working drafts, CD, DIS, FDIS) as well as dispositions of comments we received via ballots are also stored in the same system.

3)      Every time the AHG was reestablished with the new mandate issued, it was a public document providing information that allowed any interested party to join – P-member or not. Our mandates is what defines the AHG scope of work – we do not organize meetings, we do not make resolutions, we don’t have an “agenda”.

4)      The only times when AHG members were asked for a consensus decision was when either the AHG report and recommendations, or an input contribution on behalf of AHG were submitted to the WG. (Input contributions submitted by individual members do not require a consensus, but they were often shared for AHG review anyway.)

5)      Input contributions are available to all P-members. The acceptance or rejection of proposals submitted as input contributions is something that the WG decides, and every P-member has a voice – the AHG doesn’t make decisions.

6)      All “important information” available to the AHG members have been exchanged on the email reflector, which has public archive – anyone (regardless of whether they are AHG member or not) can access the archive to see our communications. If you’re trying to find an evidence of “sustained opposition to substantial issues” – you know where to look for it.

Hoping you would find it helpful,
Vladimir