[MPEG-OTSPEC] Removal of the CFF and CF2 from OFF standard (was: Proposal to make OFF complete)

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Thu Oct 8 00:46:22 CEST 2020

On Wed, Oct 7, 2020 at 4:10 PM Levantovsky, Vladimir <
Vladimir.Levantovsky at monotype.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday, October 7, 2020 5:52 PM Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
>
> Also, procedurally, please help me understand. I thought you vote with
> your SC29/WG3 member representative hat on at the WG3 meeting, NOT here on
> the AHG.
>

> Correction: as a SC29/WG3 member who is also a member of this AHG
>

> So I expect the proposal to be rolled up to WG3, and you can then vote on
> it there.
>

> Nothing is ever rolled up, unless we have a consensus within this AHG to
> recommend something to be considered by the WG. The WG members can choose
> to submit their input directly to the WG for consideration.

What's the consensus protocol?

I reviewed the long thread. So far it seems like as soon as someone objects
there is no consensus. However, there's no guidelines for how to resolve
such objections.

Where can I read about the consensus and other protocols of the AHG?