[MPEG-OTSPEC] FTCG Meeting 4 (Mon 19 Oct)

梁海 Liang Hai lianghai at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 16:18:56 CEST 2020

Dear MPEG-OTSPEC subscribers,

This is your one-week reminder of Meeting 4 of the W3C Font and Text Community Group <https://w3c.github.io/font-text-cg/charter/> (FTCG)—that is not a MPEG-OTSPEC meeting:
When: Mon 19 Oct, 16:00–17:30 UTC
For your local time, see: https://everytimezone.com/s/cfe6376e <https://everytimezone.com/s/cfe6376e>
Where: https://meet.google.com/ayg-mnmp-fit <https://meet.google.com/ayg-mnmp-fit>
Also, be prepared to join our IRC channel during the meeting to allow better management: https://github.com/w3c/font-text-cg/issues/7 <https://github.com/w3c/font-text-cg/issues/7>
In particular, I’d like to invite whoever have been participating in (or observing) some recent, highly active threads to report the progress to the FTCG meeting attendees, so a wider audience can understand what’s going on. See minutes of previous FTCG meetings (https://github.com/w3c/font-text-cg/tree/main/minutes <https://github.com/w3c/font-text-cg/tree/main/minutes>) for an idea of the demographics of the attendance. I’m sure even many subscribers here have also been having difficulties following up, and may appreciate an oral report.

Personally I’d like to try allocating twenty minutes or so at the 1.5-hour meeting for this informal liaison report, and to maintain this tradition in the future. I truly believe the discussions here are meaningful, and we need to encourage industry-wide communication and understanding.

See also https://github.com/w3c/font-text-cg/issues/17 <https://github.com/w3c/font-text-cg/issues/17> (Meeting 4 schedule and agenda).

Best,
梁海 Liang Hai, acting chair of the FTCG
https://lianghai.github.io