[MPEG-OTSPEC] Introducing breaking changes into the spec (was: RE: [EXTERNAL] Proposal to deprecate derived search values)

Dave Crossland dcrossland at google.com
Tue Sep 15 22:35:52 CEST 2020

On Mon, Sep 14, 2020, 11:51 PM David Lemon <typenerd at mindspring.com> wrote:

> But I'd seriously emphasize Peter's points about building the business
> case. I kinda get the sense Dave thinks it will all be self evident, but
> that's not how business cases work.

I was saying the business case for a license encumbered format (which is
war) has completely evaporated.

I appreciate very much that the business case at some important
implementers to do any font format innovation at all has completely
evaporated, such as at MS, which is why Google Fonts is paying for Peter to
update *their* spec.