[MPEG-OTSPEC] Introducing breaking changes into the spec (was: RE: [EXTERNAL] Proposal to deprecate derived search values)

Dave Crossland dcrossland at google.com
Thu Sep 17 04:43:19 CEST 2020

On Wed, Sep 16, 2020, 10:35 PM Levantovsky, Vladimir <
Vladimir.Levantovsky at monotype.com> wrote:

> If I may, I’d like to offer a correction to this statement:
>
> I'd like to start directing all meaningful discussion away from this list
> to the mpeggroup GitHub repo. Does anyone object to this?
>
> s/meaningful/technical/
>
> From time to time, we may have a discussion on the email list with a topic
> that may not be technical – that doesn’t immediately disqualify it as not
> meaningful.

The problem I see with this is that it creates a heavy burden to collate
unstructured discussion on this list with the repo.

See my email a few minutes ago, which does this kind of back and forth
between list and repo.

It's horribly inefficient.

If this list has almost zero posts in 2 months time because all discussion
moves to the GitHub issue tracker, I'll consider that a great success.