[MPEG-OTSPEC] Proposal to discontinue the AdHoc Group

David Singer singer at apple.com
Wed Sep 16 22:27:48 CEST 2020

I am not sure whether you’re asking for
* the spec. to no longer be owned by ISO/IEC JTC1/SC29,
* there not be an ad-hoc to discuss the work there

The first would involve all the politics of changing the responsibility for the spec.

The second would happen automatically if you do the first; without it, you’d have to convince SC29/WG3 (systems) that no ad-hoc is needed.

Since it’s one of the branches we’re currently sitting on, I am not sure it makes sense to cut it off, and anyway, it’s not ours to do.

What exactly is not working?