[MPEG-OTSPEC] [EXTERNAL] Re: Request for OFF Github Repo

Levantovsky, Vladimir Vladimir.Levantovsky at monotype.com
Fri Sep 18 16:30:04 CEST 2020

Dave, all,

Here is the reality of life we need to keep in mind – every organization has an established process by which things are done. We can’t have it both ways – have a process (e.g. consensus protocol) when we like it, and disregard the other parts of the process when we don’t.

We MAY find a way to do things differently, still within the confines of the ISO process (and looking back at this history of this group we HAVE done it, and rather successfully for all involved), and we SHALL do it again, knowing full well that there are certain realities we cannot change – we cannot change the way the organization operates, or change their document processing model, or an established approval process.

So, yes – I am sure we will find a way to use “issues only” GitHub repo to its full potential, but the final results of our discussions will be proposals that would have to be submitted to the ISO WG (SC29/WG3 to be precise), and we SHALL submit them in a way they can be integrated into the existing process, as Word documents. I am sure that these final draft documents would have to be reviewed and approved by all involved, which means that we will use email list that is setup for AHG to conduct its work.

Vlad