[MPEG-OTSPEC] Proposal to discontinue the AdHoc Group

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Mon Sep 21 11:28:16 CEST 2020

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 2:54 AM Simon Cozens <simon at simon-cozens.org> wrote:

> On 21/09/2020 08:55, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> > I'm currently unemployed. I want the same as you. All I'm saying is that
> > the independent voice, or any voices outside MS, are not heard equally.
>
> I've said this to Behdad elsewhere, but it's worth saying again here: be
> careful what you wish for. If the AHG is discontinued and ISO manages
> the OFF directly and internally, those independent voices will find it
> even harder to be heard.

Simon. I rather OFF be so clearly and blatantly out of tune and the rest of
us just innovate regardless of it, which is what will happen eventually if
my complaints are not heard, than to keep the *appearance* that there
exists a fair way to contribute to an international file format.

You already embarked on a solo'ish journey. Why do you insist on keeping
the OFF status quo and keeping a closed eye to the abuses going on in it?

PS. I received my copy of your book "Looking Shame in the Eye". Looking
forward to reading it.