[MPEG-OTSPEC] Proposal to discontinue the AdHoc Group

Levantovsky, Vladimir Vladimir.Levantovsky at monotype.com
Mon Sep 21 17:33:12 CEST 2020

On Monday, September 21, 2020 11:16 AM Dave Crossland wrote:

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 10:53 AM Behdad Esfahbod <behdad at behdad.org<mailto:behdad at behdad.org>> wrote:
On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 7:10 AM Dave Crossland <dcrossland at google.com<mailto:dcrossland at google.com>> wrote:

So, I see no reason to discontinue the AHG while the possibility that it can be reformed is so clear.

"Is so clear".. as in, the chair continues to completely deny that there is any problem?

Vlad did not deny there is a problem. He asked for you to provide more substance.

I'm waiting :)

And I repeatedly asked for evidence – any evidence! Including the evidence that there is a problem, because from your multiple emails it appears that the existing ISO process is a problem. When it comes to work of this AHG – anyone can make a proposal in this group, and anyone can object to that proposal – show me (don’t tell me, show me!) how this process failed, at least once! I am still waiting.

Using your own analogy about being invited into someone’s house and complaining of the host not sharing their best wine with you – you’re behaving like you’ve been invited to a dinner party that served your favorite dish, yet you’re complaining that their cooking process isn’t to your liking and that you could’ve cooked it better. ☺

Vlad