[MPEG-OTSPEC] Proposal to discontinue the AdHoc Group

John Hudson john at tiro.ca
Mon Sep 21 20:26:26 CEST 2020

The CG could, however, draft a charter for a working group whose purpose
would be to produce formal proposals to OFF, either directly developing
the content of those proposals or taking ideas and input from other
groups or even individuals, and doing the work of writing it up as a
draft spec to be submitted to OFF. This would provide a model for
developing such proposals that would delay engagement with the ISO
process until the proposals have gone through draft iterations in
another process that may be more amenable.

JH

> On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 1:17 PM Jean-Baptiste Morizot
> <jb at phantom-foundry.com <mailto:jb at phantom-foundry.com>> wrote:
>
>     Once the charter is accepted, can the scope be more specific and
>     can we vote on adding "maintaining OFF spec" as one of its goals?
>

> Kindly this is as illogical as "The AHG should move MSOT to w3c."
>
> The AHG doesn't own MSOT, MS does; and the W3C CG doesn't own MOFF,
> ISO does.
>
> The CG might as well vote on the next US president ;p

John Hudson
Tiro Typeworks Ltd    www.tiro.com
Salish Sea, BC        tiro at tiro.com

NOTE: In the interests of productivity, I am currently
dealing with email on only two days per week, usually
Monday and Thursday unless this schedule is disrupted
by travel. If you need to contact me urgently, please
use some other method of communication. Thank you.