[MPEG-OTSPEC] AHG Kick-off - mandates, results, and goals

Vladimir Levantovsky vladimir.levantovsky at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 19:12:16 CET 2021

Dear AHG members,

As a result of the 133rd MPEG meeting held online on January 11-15, 2020
(which also was the 2nd meeting of recently created SC29/WG03 MPEG Systems),
the AHG mandates have been approved and, essentially unchanged since the
last period, as follows:

1. Review and discuss the text of Working Draft amendment of ISO/IEC
14496-22:2019_AMD2 to review and update COLR v1 data structure descriptions.

2. Discuss clarifications and updates to other parts of the OFF
specification, and submit AHG recommendations for proposed changes to
address identified technical issues.

As it was the case in the past, we will continue using both the AHG email
list (https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-otspec) and the GitHub repo
(https://github.com/MPEGGroup/OpenFontFormat) for discussion of technical
issues.

The v2 of the Working Draft of ISO/IEC 14496-22:2019_AMD2 was prepared based
on the input contributions and the results of the break-out group
discussions. The WD amendment has been approved to be published as public
document, and is now available for download from mpegstandards.org:

https://www.mpegstandards.org/wp-content/uploads/mpeg_meetings/133_OnLine/w1
9969.zip

Our goals for this period is to finalize the document for promotion to the
Committee Draft stage at the next WG meeting in April. The second AHG
mandate gives us an opportunity to propose and include additional changes,
so if you feel there are any additional items that have been discussed in
the past and have not yet been proposed/adopted as part of this amendment -
this is our last chance to do so before the document will be up for a
ballot.

Thank you everyone for your contributions and hard work!