[MPEG-OTSPEC] License Agreement question please

William_J_G Overington wjgo_10009 at btinternet.com
Sat Mar 5 21:31:01 CET 2022

To mpeg-otspec at lists.aau.at

Hi

May I ask for advice please?

In the post

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/158224-save-as-a-package-and-exclude-individual-fonts/&do=findComment&comment=895726

there is the following.

> REQUIRED field - fsType - Indicates font embedding licensing rights
> for the font.

> NOT-REQUIRED fields - License Description, License Info URL

Earlier in the thread I had written as follows.

>> I looked in FontCreator and there is a field that is called, at least
>> in FontCreator, I don't know about elsewhere, License Agreement.

I have not been able to find anything about the License Agreement field.

Is the License Agreement field (or whatever is the formal name) optional
or is it compulsary but may have null content please?

If the field is empty, how is that done please?

For example as an integer that indicates the length of the text having a
zero as its contents? Or with the text always ending with U+0000 even if
the field is empty? Or something else?

Also for the other fields of a similar nature that sometimes contain
text, such as Font Designer, please.

The thread is at the following place.

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/158224-save-as-a-package-and-exclude-individual-fonts/

Thank you.