[MPEG-OTSPEC] Scheduling Zoom meeting to discuss new proposals and AHG recommendations

Hin-Tak Leung htl10 at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Jul 3 20:38:57 CEST 2023

 On Monday, 3 July 2023 at 22:38:49 GMT+8, Werner LEMBERG <wl at gnu.org> wrote:

> > Freetype currently has a preference of SVG over COLRv0/COLRv1 if
> both are present, [...]
> With the latest release (2.13.1) there is a new load flag
> `FT_LOAD_NO_SVG` to make FreeType ignore glyphs in > the SVG table.

Yes, I added that to freetype-py as part of the OT-SVG support (just sync'ing some parts), and found that COLRv1 does not render with freetype git HEAD correctly (yet), and the SVG table in some colrv1 fonts (*cough* from Google *cough*) is just B/W like conventional glyf outlines... or the colours in SVG isn't specified correctly... so neither are in colour:-(.