[MPEG-OTSPEC] Some thoughts on the "under consideration" proposals

suzuki toshiya mpsuzuki at hiroshima-u.ac.jp
Fri Jul 14 07:29:00 CEST 2023

Dear Kanou-san,

I'm interested in the CITPC's evaluation of your proposal.

My understanding of your proposal is something like below;

* Propose no change in the file format itself.
* Propose the "better" behavior of the text input method
software about the font fallback mechanisms.
* Propose the convention(?) to design a TTC/OTC to help
the "better" font fallback mechanism.

If I'm misunderstanding, please correct me.

--

I want to know more about the assumed software which should
be modified to support your proposal. I guess your motivation

But, for the software, which is hard to catch up with the
new spec, is it easy for them to catch up with your proposal?

Regards,
mpsuzuki