[MPEG-OTSPEC] AHG kick-off - we have important work to do!

Josh Hadley johadley at adobe.com
Thu Jun 15 17:54:39 CEST 2023

Vlad and AHG participants,

We at Adobe have reviewed the recent proposals in “Technologies under consideration” and wanted to share our thoughts with the group.

First and foremost, we want to express our general support for the ideas proposed. We think all of the end goals are useful and, when implemented, will be big improvements. We also think it might be best to consider them individually rather than all at once since some of the ideas will be easier to incorporate than others.

We do have some significant concerns around the specifics of some of the proposed implementations, and we’d like to work with other implementers and stakeholders to come up with something that can work for everyone. Rather than try to hash this out through email, we think it would be better to have a series of hybrid meetings (open to all, and which we are willing to host) to discuss and work out the technical details.

Josh Hadley
Adobe