[MPEG-OTSPEC] AHG Zoom Meeting announcement and agenda

Vladimir Levantovsky vladimir.levantovsky at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 19:48:42 CET 2023

Dear all,

According to the AHG mandates I shared earlier, we will hold the AHG Zoom
meeting on Dec. 12, 2024 at 15:00 UTC to review the proposed changes
outlined in the "Technologies under consideration for ISO/IEC 14496-22 5th
edition Open Font Format
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.mpeg.org/wp-content/uploads/mpeg_meetings/144_Hannover/w23265.zip&sa=D&source=calendar&usd=2&usg=AOvVaw25m9Ay4YP6_EiDUnFEMAwA>"
document, and review the current version of the Working Draft of the 5th
edition ISO/IEC 14496-22. Please see below the new Zoom meeting info and
agenda, and please review the documents ahead of time to make the use of
AHG meeting time most efficient and productive. (The meeting is scheduled
for two hours but I hope that we will be able to accomplish our goals ahead
of time.)

The AHG meeting will be held under the following ISO rules and policies:
- Declaration for participants in ISO activities
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.iso.org/declaration-for-participants-in-iso-activities.html&sa=D&source=calendar&usd=2&usg=AOvVaw2n2ZhkFMkQBjPrst6wyAbi>
- ISO Code of Ethics and Conduct
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.iso.org/files/live/sites/isoorg/files/store/en/PUB100011.pdf&sa=D&source=calendar&usd=2&usg=AOvVaw3R7JNkexzilX-qCtg_vrzR>
- Guideline for Implementation of the Common Patent Policy for
ITU‑T/ITU‑R/ISO/IEC
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.iso.org/files/live/sites/isoorg/files/developing_standards/resources/docs/20221216_Guidelines_for_Implementation_of_the_Common_Patent_Policy.pdf&sa=D&source=calendar&usd=2&usg=AOvVaw3236BoeE5tQKR46VIx_R2a>

Agenda
1. Overcoming 64K glyph limit and other updates.
The content of the proposal summarized by the "Technologies under
consideration for ISO/IEC 14496-22 5th edition Open Font Format
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.mpeg.org/wp-content/uploads/mpeg_meetings/144_Hannover/w23265.zip&sa=D&source=calendar&usd=2&usg=AOvVaw25m9Ay4YP6_EiDUnFEMAwA>"
document has been updated by authors to accommodate comments and
corrections discussed during the WG Font break-out group session - please
review the changes:
https://github.com/harfbuzz/boring-expansion-spec/blob/main/iso_docs/WG03-beyond-64k-glyphs-2023-11-20.pdf
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://github.com/harfbuzz/boring-expansion-spec/blob/main/iso_docs/WG03-beyond-64k-glyphs-2023-11-20.pdf&sa=D&source=calendar&usd=2&usg=AOvVaw06F5OqaCXHnNNtH0YMmg7N>

Goal - review and discuss proposed table changes, and provide AHG
recommendations;

2. Review the text of the updated WD of ISO/IEC 14496-22 5th edition Open
font format
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.mpeg.org/wp-content/uploads/mpeg_meetings/144_Hannover/w23170.zip&sa=D&source=calendar&usd=2&usg=AOvVaw20amv1y6ikAAZdkad37arZ>
that
incorporates previously adopted changes to Condition Value and
Representative Instance proposals.
- Review tracked changes;
- Review and discuss the current description of the Condition Table (2nd
paragraph in particular, see comment in the WD text in subclause 6.2.9) that
is technically incorrect since it is referring to non-existent version
number of the ConditionSet table.
Goal - provide AHG recommendation / future updates.

Zoom meeting info: REDACTED

Due to public availability of the email list archive, the meeting info
cannot be shared on the list. All AHG members who previously joined AHG
meetings in the past were already invited to attend.
If you did not receive the invitation and would like to attend, please
contact me directly.