[MPEG-OTSPEC] Some research on TT instructions and cubics

Laurence Penney lorp at lorp.org
Sat Sep 23 18:05:49 CEST 2023

Is this a serious issue? Surely all binary formats have trillions of potential configurations of bits that do not conform to the spec. If your complaint is about the idea of undefined behaviour in a spec, then there are numerous instances of that would be up for discussion. If you want undefined behaviour to be replaced by insistence that a font should be rejected, then I think that goes against the ethos of many real-world font processors.

- Laurence