[MPEG-OTSPEC] revised B64K glyf table: new tag "LOCX" and "GLYX"

Hin-Tak Leung htl10 at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Sep 27 04:29:14 CEST 2023

 Just a comment on uppercase/lowercase: it isn't mentioned anywhere in the spec I believe, but there was some sort of convention / understanding when Microsoft licensed the truetype font scaler code / tech from Apple, that new tables are to be added in upper-cases, while Apple's older tables were all in lower-cases, and Apple may add new tables in lowercases. Hence the current observed patterns of upper/lowercases. I don't know how legally binding that convention is to either party, or to 3rd parties. Maybe Apple/Microsoft folks can comment on this.
That said, how about LOC2 / GLY2? If they are related to loca and glyf ? And if that's the case, why aren't they done in a new/expanded version of those?