[MPEG-OTSPEC] Possible edit for LTSH and b64k

Hin-Tak Leung htl10 at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Feb 4 17:31:30 CET 2024

 AFAIK, Microsoft's CacheTT precompiled 3 tables, LTSH, hdmx, and VDMX. May need to update the other two table's numglyphs and other fields.
    On Sunday, 4 February 2024 at 16:26:13 GMT, Hin-Tak Leung via mpeg-otspec <mpeg-otspec at lists.aau.at> wrote:

  The version field in LTSH is going to be another case of "that field hasn't changed for 3 decades, it is possible that implementation(s) stopped wasting time reading it some years ago..." .
One would hope that the numGlyphs field, on the other hand, is read and cross-checked against maxp, head, etc in practical implementation(s), regardless of the version field.