[MPEG-OTSPEC] Update on Adobe ISO proposals

Skef Iterum skef at skef.org
Tue Mar 12 08:53:50 CET 2024

This is the current status of Adobe's proposals, in advance of next
week's Ad Hoc meeting:

  * "negation" is unchanged:
    https://github.com/adobe-type-tools/opentype-spec-drafts/blob/main/negation.pdf
  * "cff2hintorder": Peter and I discussed this over email and concluded
    that this counts as a couple of clarifications of what had been
    ambiguous rather than outright changes. We tentatively decided that
    he would edit the language and roll the content in through his
    ongoing OpenType synchronization project. We can discuss this
    approach at the meeting if anyone has concerns. The (unedited
    original) document is still
    https://github.com/adobe-type-tools/opentype-spec-drafts/blob/main/cff2hintorder.pdf
  * I gave "varchintguide" a substantial editing pass.
    https://github.com/adobe-type-tools/opentype-spec-drafts/blob/main/varchintguide.pdf
  * I gave "newfeatvar_spec" an editing pass as well. Note that the
    Microsoft reps have not yet had an opportunity to take up their
    concerns from the last meeting about this with me, but I'm hoping
    that can still happen before next Tuesday.
    https://github.com/adobe-type-tools/opentype-spec-drafts/blob/main/newfeatvar_spec.pdf

Thanks,
Skef