[MPEG-OTSPEC] Agenda topics for the AHG meeting on March 19

Vladimir Levantovsky vladimir.levantovsky at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 00:29:17 CET 2024

Dear AHG members,

Thank you for your active participation and contributions to the OFF 5th
edition (ISO/IEC 14496-22) development.

Like we previously planned, we will have our next AHG meeting scheduled
next week on March 19 at 14:00-16:00 UTC. The following are the agenda
topics for the meeting:

1. Review updated proposals that were discussed at the previous AHG meeting
(see https://lists.aau.at/pipermail/mpeg-otspec/2024-February/003289.html for
details & resolutions summary):
- proposed DMAP updates:
https://github.com/harfbuzz/boring-expansion-spec/blob/main/iso_docs/WG03-dmap-2024-03.pdf
- proposed 'fvar' changes and clarifications for improved handling of
duplicate axis names:
https://github.com/harfbuzz/boring-expansion-spec/blob/main/iso_docs/WG03-fvar-2024-03.pdf
-proposed minor changes and clarifications to 'hdmx', LTSH, and JSTF tables
based on public feedback:
https://github.com/harfbuzz/boring-expansion-spec/blob/main/iso_docs/WG03-varc-and-other-updates-03.pdf
- updated "VARC hint guidance for CFF2":
https://github.com/adobe-type-tools/opentype-spec-drafts/blob/main/varchintguide.pdf
- editorial updates to "Feature Variations: New LookupVariation Mechanism"
proposal:
https://github.com/adobe-type-tools/opentype-spec-drafts/blob/main/newfeatvar_spec.pdf
- CFF2 hint ordering:
https://github.com/adobe-type-tools/opentype-spec-drafts/blob/main/cff2hintorder.pdf

2. New GSUB features proposal: 'cabp' and 'hypy' (see the link to the draft
proposal and the discussion thread at
https://lists.aau.at/pipermail/mpeg-otspec/2024-February/003301.html).

3. Proposed revisions to 'palt' and 'kern' documentation (see
https://github.com/jcitpc/CJKFont/blob/main/docs/palt_kern.md and the
discussion thread at
https://lists.aau.at/pipermail/mpeg-otspec/2024-February/003292.html).

As you can see, we have a packed agenda and I would very much appreciate it
if you review the updated documents and prepare your comments ahead of the
meeting.

Due to the public nature of the AHG email list archive, a formal Zoom
meeting invite will not be shared on this list, and will be sent directly
to participants. All prior meeting participants will be added to the
meeting invite and will receive a direct email. If you have not been a
participant in the prior meetings and would like to be added to the invite
list - please contact me directly.