[MPEG-OTSPEC] Who's coming to the SC29 meeting in Sapporo in July?

MURATA eb2mmrt at gmail.com
Wed May 15 12:30:50 CEST 2024

Dear colleagues,

ISO/IEC Directives, Part 1 was changed recently.  The comment submission
period is now +8 weeks.  For more about this, see 2.5 of this document.

https://www.iso.org/sites/directives/current/consolidated/index.html#_Toc165304990

Regards,
Makoto

2024年5月9日(木) 23:35 Vladimir Levantovsky via mpeg-otspec <
mpeg-otspec at lists.aau.at>:

> It’s hard to pinpoint the exact future date for the CD ballot.
> There are still quite a few changes that need to be made in the current
> draft document, and once the text is complete and ready, I am not sure how
> long it would take for SC29 Secretariat to issue a ballot. Once issued, it
> will be +12 weeks from the issue date for comments submission period.
>
> Thank you,
> Vladimir
>
> On May 8, 2024, at 7:02 PM, 木田泰夫 <kida at mac.com> wrote:
>

> Hello Vladimir,
>
> Thank you so much for explaining the process. Since there will not be any
> activities related to fonts, it seems that attending might not be very
> beneficial for me.
>
> Could you please clarify when the CD ballot will be issued?
>
> Best regards,
> Kida
>
> 2024/05/09 5:40、Vladimir Levantovsky <vladimir.levantovsky at gmail.com>のメール:
>

> Dear Kida-san,
>
> I may attend the MPEG meeting in Sapporo, but I am not sure if we have any
> formal Font Activity discussions there. The current Working Draft has been
> promoted to the Committee Draft at the last meeting [in the end of April],
> and I asked the SC29 Secretariat to allow an extended 3-months period for
> comments when the CD ballot is issued. Therefore, the ballot results and
> comments will not be available by July, and the WG is prohibited to conduct
> any discussions related to documents under ballot.
>
> Attending the SC29 WG meetings in July may still be a valuable experience
> for you, but I just wanted to make sure we are on the same page w.r.t.
> expectations of what can or cannot be discussed there.
>
> Thank you,
> Vladimir
>

> On Wed, May 8, 2024 at 1:24 AM 木田泰夫 via mpeg-otspec <
> mpeg-otspec at lists.aau.at> wrote:
>
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> Is anyone planning to physically come to the SC29 meeting in Sapporo,
>> Japan in July? We, the AHG participants from Japan, are trying to decide if
>> we should attend too. Let us know if you're coming!
>>
>> - kida

慶應義塾大学政策・メディア研究科特任教授
村田 真