[MPEG-OTSPEC] ISO/IEC 14496-22:2026 is now freely available

Hin-Tak Leung htl10 at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Sep 28 20:11:22 CEST 2026


 Okay, if I uncheck the the "we auto-detected you are based in UK" box, the price drops to zero, but it still ask for registration and billing address for digital downloads.

(and not sure why it restricts by location that way; it is not as if I am based in north Korea or some other interesting place...).

Hin-Tak 
     On Monday, 28 September 2026 at 18:50:53 BST, Hin-Tak Leung <htl10 at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:  
 
  I like to see what URL you see. It seems to detect I am in UK and ask for just under £400 in one case, or send me to a EU web site where the currency is CHF (Swiss Franc?) also at 3XX.
    On Monday, 28 September 2026 at 18:02:05 BST, Dave Crossland <dcrossland at google.com> wrote:  
 
 The price I see is ... Zero :)
On Mon, Sep 28, 2026, 9:58 AM Hin-Tak Leung via mpeg-otspec <mpeg-otspec at lists.aau.at> wrote:

 Free as in beer - it is now listed as available for a price... Still, good to know.

Hin-Tak     On Monday, 28 September 2026 at 17:41:56 BST, Ken Lunde via mpeg-otspec <mpeg-otspec at lists.aau.at> wrote:  
 
 Vladimir and others,

In case you did not notice, the ISO/IEC 14496-22:2026 standard is freely available (again) as of today:

https://www.iso.org/standard/14496-22

Regards...

-- Ken

_______________________________________________
mpeg-otspec mailing list
mpeg-otspec at lists.aau.at
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-otspec
  _______________________________________________
mpeg-otspec mailing list
mpeg-otspec at lists.aau.at
https://lists.aau.at/mailman/listinfo/mpeg-otspec

    
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://lists.aau.at/pipermail/mpeg-otspec/attachments/20260928/57eb31ce/attachment-0001.htm>


More information about the mpeg-otspec mailing list