[mpeg-OTspec] RE: AHG meeting on September 8th - Meeting notes

mpsuzuki at hiroshima-u.ac.jp mpsuzuki at hiroshima-u.ac.jp
Fri Sep 12 08:32:02 CEST 2008

Dear Vladimir Levantovsky,

On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 12:29:35 -0400
"Levantovsky, Vladimir" <vladimir.levantovsky at monotypeimaging.com> wrote:
>- editorial changes and corrections - namely,
>  I checked all "Reserved" fields and for those
>  few that did not explicitly mention it, added
>  a text mandating the value be set to zero.

It's good idea to state that the reserved bits to be
zero (to discourage non-standard extension inserting
anything to there). As I've written ever, I wish if
the recommended value of "Kern subtable version number"
in p. 90 should be clarified in OpenType specification
1.7 and the clarification would be imported in the 3rd
revision of ISO OpenType.

Regards,
mpsuzuki