[mpeg-OTspec] Suggestion for minor correction on figure styles

Thomas Phinney tphinney at cal.berkeley.edu
Sat Mar 27 22:25:25 CET 2010

On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 1:36 PM, Thomas Phinney
<tphinney at cal.berkeley.edu> wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 12:14 PM, James Cloos <cloos at jhcloos.com> wrote:
>> Should there be any related edits to the pnum and tnum descriptions?
>
> I don't think so. I did check the tnum and pnum descriptions, but they
> had luckily not fallen into the same assumption-of-default problem as
> lnum/onum. Also, there really only are the two options and no
> in-between (okay, I'm ignoring the various sub-types of tabular
> figures seen in ideographic languages, but those are still all
> varieties of tabularity, not some completely additional states).

I could have been more clear and accurate there on the ideographic
features, so before somebody else corrects it....

With features intended for ideographic languages (Japanese, Chinese,
etc.) one can also get figures *and other characters* on any of
several different monospaced widths, or proportional, by means of a
distinct and parallel set of features (hwid, twid, qwid, palt, etc.).

Cheers,