[mpeg-OTspec] Updates to script and language tags

Michelle Perham mihill at microsoft.com
Thu Jan 3 23:13:19 CET 2013

From: mpeg-OTspec at yahoogroups.com [mailto:mpeg-OTspec at yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Bob Hallissy
Sent: Thursday, January 3, 2013 1:56 PM
To: OTspec (mpeg-OTspec at yahoogroups.com)
Subject: Re: [mpeg-OTspec] Updates to script and language tags

It would be helpful to include the name of the file you have uploaded -- Yahoo!Groups files area sorts alphanumerically only -- so in this case I had to scan down the list manually to find a file with the appropriate date :-(

For the benefit of others, the filename is LangScriptUpdates.doc.

Agreed! I had trouble finding the document myself. I expected it would appear at the top of the list.

Is it an intentional change from using U+0027 APOSTROPHE in names to using U+2019 RIGHT SINGLE QUOTATION MARK (e.g., N'Ko -> N’ko) ? Or was that an inadvertent result of Word's auto-correct?

Not an intentional change. I agree we should be consistent here.