[mpeg-OTspec] Updates to script and language tags

Bob Hallissy bobh528 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 3 23:26:12 CET 2013

On 2013-01-03 at 16:13 Michelle Perham wrote:

> >> Is it an intentional change from using U+0027 APOSTROPHE in names to
> using U+2019 RIGHT SINGLE QUOTATION MARK (e.g., N'Ko -> N’ko) ? Or was
> that an inadvertent result of Word's auto-correct?
>
> Not an intentional change. I agree we should be consistent here.

Ok, so what is the purpose of the N'Ko -> N’ko change -- just to
lowercase the 'k'?  But the ISO name for this language is N'Ko
(uppercase K).

Also, I was curious about the proposed Swahili -> Kiswahili change -- do
most people look under "K" to find the name of this language?

(I don't have any dog in the fight -- just trying to understand)

Bob