[mpeg-OTspec] [OpenType] MS Proposal for a new Name Table ID

Ken Lunde lunde at adobe.com
Sat Jan 5 05:51:15 CET 2013

Sairus,

I think that the original intent of this proposal is not about specifying which languages are supported by a font resource, but rather what the intended language (or languages) of the font is. For example, a typical Japanese font supports Japanese, Latin, Greek, and Cyrillic, but it would be an especially poor choice for Greek or Cyrillic, and borderline for Latin. If you simply change "supported" to "intended" in your 'OS/2' table snippet, that should cover the original intention of the proposal.

Regards...

-- Ken