[mpeg-OTspec] Final draft - AHG input contribution - REVIEW NEEDED (was: Clarification of some aspect of opentype SVG spec) [1 Attachment]

Bob Hallissy bobh528 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 17 02:08:10 CET 2016

On 2016-02-16 at 09:36 'Levantovsky, Vladimir' wrote:
> Please review and respond with your comments.

In the "Application interface" paragraph for the revised
init/fina/medi/isol descriptions, the wording is revised from what John
originally wrote, and I'm not sure the revision is correct. For example,
the "Application interface" paragraph for "fina" ends by saying:

> For GIDs with single-joining final forms found in the ‘fina’ coverage
> table, the application passes a GID to the feature and gets back a new
> GID.

The problem with this wording is that single-joining final forms won't
be /found in the 'fina' //coverage /table. Rather, for those isolates
that have final forms it is the /isolate form glyphs/ that will be in
the coverage table and it is the purpose of the 'fina' feature to
replace the isolate with the final form.

Similarly for the other lookups (though perhaps one could get away with
this wording for the 'isol' feature).

Bob