[OpenType] Feature for JIS 4051/JLREQ widths

Ken Lunde lunde at adobe.com
Tue May 24 21:34:35 CEST 2016

Behdad,

You definitely don't want to use 'hwid', because it would likely change the ASCII range into half-width versions for fonts that support this feature, and would affect standard (full-width) kana in a similar way.

Instead, look for my reply from earlier today in which I steered Eric to the 'halt' and 'vhal" features, whose descriptions are current in the ISO/IUEC 14496-22:2015 and match the discussions that we had last year.

Best...

-- Ken