[MPEG-OTSPEC] An Open Proposal: Fixing the Font Format

MURATA Makoto eb2m-mrt at asahi-net.or.jp
Mon Aug 24 09:58:59 CEST 2020

Here is an example.  EPUB 3.2 was published by
a CG in W3C.  It is the latest version of EPUB.

https://www.w3.org/publishing/epub3/epub-spec.html

The testimonial from Google, available at
Publishing at W3C <https://www.w3.org/publishing/>, is copied here.

Google salutes and congratulates the W3C EPUB Community Group for the
> success of its efforts to modernize and future-proof EPUB with the recent
> publication of the EPUB 3.2 specification. This project represents that
> first major advancement for EPUB since the merger of the IDPF into the W3C
> and lays the groundwork for a productive path forward. Play Books relies
> heavily on EPUB and epubcheck in our production workflow — the recent
> advancements with these standards and tools are a boon to the entire
> industry.
> Tom Turvey, Managing Director, Global Product Partnerships, News &
> Publishing Products, Google

Regards,
Makoto

2020年8月24日(月) 14:17 James Clark <jjc at jclark.com>:

> There's variation on this that I think is also worth considering: start
> off with a W3C Community Group.
>
> Getting a W3C Working Group going is a pretty heavyweight process, whereas
> it's simple and easy to start a CG. This page describes how CGs work:
>
> https://www.w3.org/community/about/
>
> W3C policies allow a CG to transition to a standards track group.
>
> Compared to this AHG, it has the advantage of a fully worked out set of IP
> policies and agreements with a commitment to Royalty Free licensing.
>
> James
>
> On Mon, Aug 24, 2020 at 11:40 AM Behdad Esfahbod <behdad at behdad.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,