[MPEG-OTSPEC] Call for Consensus RE: proposal: COLR extension

Levantovsky, Vladimir Vladimir.Levantovsky at monotype.com
Sat Oct 3 03:27:00 CEST 2020

+ Suzuki, Teruhiko (Sony), SC29 Chairman

On Friday, October 2, 2020 6:38 PM MURATA Makoto wrote:

SC 29/ WG 11 N 19386 appears to be an official
document for establishing this AHG. It mentions
this ML as a reflector but does not mention any
other MLs or GitHub repositories. I thus think
that they (except this ML) are irrelevant to this
AHG.

I would not be this strict usually. But there appear
to be several MLs and GitHub repositories about
font formats. Even experts appear to be confused:
which is for OFF and which is for a spec of a
private company and which is an independent
attempt?

Don't take me wrong. I am not saying ISO committees
cannot use GitHub. My committee (SC34/WG4)
does. I'm just saying that I have not found any
evidence in the SC29 document archive to believe
that this AHG officially uses a GitHub repository.
National bodies are not notified.

Regards,
Makoto

Murata-san,

Your conduct on this mailing list and the lack of integrity you exhibit along the way continue to amaze me.
As an active participant in this AHG, on multiple different occasions you made numerous comments that appear to cast a doubt on the legitimacy of the work conducted by this AHG, and on the decisions of the Working Group and its parent committee SC29 to establish it.

Your latest post serves as yet another prime example of this behavior. As someone who reviewed the official  document establishing this AHG and its mailing list (SC29/WG11 N19386), you forgot to mention that the document was published on July 3rd, 2020. At the same time, as an active participant of this AHG, you have been fully aware that the request to establish a GitHub repository where this AHG can conduct its work was submitted via the approved AHG mailing list on Aug. 26th, 2020 (https://lists.aau.at/pipermail/mpeg-otspec/2020-August/002134.html), and that the establishment of the _new_ GitHub repo  was announced on the same mailing list the same day, just an hour or so later (https://lists.aau.at/pipermail/mpeg-otspec/2020-August/002136.html).

Every member of the AHG, including you, was notified of the creation of the new GitHub repo on Aug. 26, 2020 by an announcement that offered direct link to the new repository, yet you appear to be feigning confusion when saying "But there appear to be several MLs and GitHub repositories about font formats. Even experts appear to be confused: which is for OFF and which is for a spec of a private company and which is an independent attempt?"

Furthermore, you are shamelessly making a statement that "I'm just saying that I have not found any evidence in the SC29 document archive to believe that this AHG officially uses a GitHub repository", knowing full well that the establishment of the new GitHub repo couldn't possibly have been recorded in the SC29 document that predates the day when the GitHub repo was established.

This intentional misrepresentation of facts, had it been made by any member of the AHG, would have been incomprehensible and highly unprofessional, but coming from you, an SC34 officer, it manifests yet another disgraceful attempt to derail the OFF work, something that you have done repeatedly to serve your own interests and ambitions.