[MPEG-OTSPEC] WD for review (was: AHG Kick-off - New Mandates!)

Levantovsky, Vladimir Vladimir.Levantovsky at monotype.com
Mon Oct 26 22:11:29 CET 2020

Hello all,

Following up on my AHG new mandates announcement last week - the Working Draft of the future amendment [based on the COLR v1 contribution to the WG]  is now available for public review (see attached). Certain items are highlighted with my editorial notes - these parts would benefit from additional contributions to extend and/or revise the text (as the case may be).

With the GitHub now available for AHG to use, I suggest that new comments on the working draft text should be filed as issues with "amendment" label attached. Once we have these new issues resolved, we will prepare and submit the new input contribution(s) to the WG with our recommended revision proposals.

The next WG meeting will be virtual, happening in mid-January, and due to extra time needed to prepare for the virtual meeting and due to end of the year holiday period, the WG decided to impose early deadlines for registration and submission of new input contributions. Respectively, these deadlines are Dec. 30, 2020 for document registration, and Jan. 4th, 2021 for document upload. Please keep this in mind as we have only a couple of months left to discuss and propose changes.

Any new items (those that are not currently part of the amendment) can also be brought up for discussion, according to the mandate #2. It is possible and quite likely that the working draft amendment document will remain in the Working Draft stage even after the January WG meeting - I'd like to make sure that we prioritize quality of the spec and content completeness over expediency in finalizing this amendment.

P.S. The draft amendment is prepared against the 4th edition ISO/IEC 14496-22 document, available for download free of charge from ISO publicly available standards: https://standards.iso.org/ittf/PubliclyAvailableStandards/c074461_ISO_IEC_14496-22_2019.zip