[MPEG-OTSPEC] New AHG mandates and other news!

William_J_G Overington wjgo_10009 at btinternet.com
Wed May 12 13:31:38 CEST 2021

Peter wrote as follows.

> Based on your slide presentation, it appears you want a message
> containing  “!313125” to get associated with a string “Is there any
> information about the following person please?” (along with other
> translations), and you want to use a font table to provide a mapping
> from the glyphs for the character sequence “!313125” to that string
> (in its various translation variants).

Yes. So one font for localization into English. another font for
localization into Swedish, another font for localization into Latvian,
another font for localization into Slovenian, another font for
localization into Japanese, and so on.

Thank you for looking at the slide presentation.

Just a note to mention that there is also a glyph for that localizable
sentence.

It is shown in the following documents.

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~ngo/locse027.pdf on page 6

Also in Chapter 42 of my first novel.

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~ngo/localizable_sentences_the_novel_chapter_042.pdf
on page 2

Though readers might like to start reading at Chapter 34 as that is the
start of a sequence of chapters of which Chapter 42 is a part.

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~ngo/novel_plus.htm

Hopefully reading these chapters will be both enjoyable nd provide good
background information about localizable sentences.

The story is fiction. The research centre is fiction. Yet the research
is real.

Readers might like to try to work out where the conference in the story
is being held, as in which city or town.

As I mentioned before, I did think at one stage that glyphs would not
always be necessary for some localizable sentences, but i have, in the
light of later research, decided that each localizable sentence should
have its own glyph.

So the talk in Chapter 42 was written before that change of policy. I am
hoping to include that change of policy in a Chapter of my second novel.
William Overington

Wednesday 12 May 2021