[MPEG-OTSPEC] [EXTERNAL] Re: monochrome compositing via COLR w/o CPAL

Laurence Penney lorp at lorp.org
Fri Dec 22 04:25:39 CET 2023

You’re right that handling alpha adds complexity. I only thought to mention it as I was responding to you.

Previous discussions on this topic have ignored alpha, and I suggest that treating alpha as always 1.0 would be the simplest way to proceed. Still, perhaps no need to restrict paint formats, they just don’t do anything interesting.

- Laurence