[MPEG-OTSPEC] AHG meeting agenda for Tuesday, April 9

Vladimir Levantovsky vladimir.levantovsky at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 19:58:40 CEST 2024

Dear all,

The AHG meeting is a week away, and this will be our last opportunity to
review the drafts of input submissions in preparation for the SC29/WG3
meeting at the end of April. So far, these are the tentative agenda topics
for AHG to discuss:
- DMAP updates: https://github.com/harfbuzz/boring-expansion-
spec/blob/main/iso_docs/WG03-dmap-2024-03.pdf
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://github.com/harfbuzz/boring-expansion-spec/blob/main/iso_docs/WG03-dmap-2024-03.pdf&sa=D&source=calendar&usd=2&usg=AOvVaw3A_dv4AKA1ZnqqOqOTlkVu>
- 'fvar' changes and clarifications for improved handling of duplicate axis
names: https://github.com/harfbuzz/boring-expansion-
spec/blob/main/iso_docs/WG03-fvar-2024-03.pdf
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://github.com/harfbuzz/boring-expansion-spec/blob/main/iso_docs/WG03-fvar-2024-03.pdf&sa=D&source=calendar&usd=2&usg=AOvVaw0thQj5A2Jz7sJM7PZ05YXL>
- changes and clarifications to 'hdmx', LTSH, and JSTF tables based on
public feedback: https://github.com/harfbuzz/boring-expansion-
spec/blob/main/iso_docs/WG03-varc-and-other-updates-03.pdf
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://github.com/harfbuzz/boring-expansion-spec/blob/main/iso_docs/WG03-varc-and-other-updates-03.pdf&sa=D&source=calendar&usd=2&usg=AOvVaw3VBWyD9-_z4NqK5nbxbX9b>
- updates to "Feature Variations: New LookupVariation Mechanism" and
updated condition negation proposal: https://github.com/
adobe-type-tools/opentype-spec-drafts/blob/main/newfeatvar_spec.pdf
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://github.com/adobe-type-tools/opentype-spec-drafts/blob/main/newfeatvar_spec.pdf&sa=D&source=calendar&usd=2&usg=AOvVaw1iEMqmdQL2dYDQErRt6n_X>
- updated VARC hint guidance for CFF2: https://github.com/
adobe-type-tools/opentype-spec-drafts/blob/main/varchintguide.pdf
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://github.com/adobe-type-tools/opentype-spec-drafts/blob/main/varchintguide.pdf&sa=D&source=calendar&usd=2&usg=AOvVaw2SRLi6gIE0BhMsS8H3M06M>
- CFF2 hint ordering: https://github.com/adobe-type-tools/opentype-
spec-drafts/blob/main/cff2hintorder.pdf
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://github.com/adobe-type-tools/opentype-spec-drafts/blob/main/cff2hintorder.pdf&sa=D&source=calendar&usd=2&usg=AOvVaw3foom6Y14_n4zmycsxExne>
- various updates and synchronization between OFF and OT texts
(including proposed
revisions to 'palt' and 'kern' documentation (see https://github.com/
jcitpc/CJKFont/blob/main/docs/palt_kern.md
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://github.com/jcitpc/CJKFont/blob/main/docs/palt_kern.md&sa=D&source=calendar&usd=2&usg=AOvVaw1ltlFsw7aA3dFN8hkf5M0p>
)
- versioning of the ConditionSet table and related changes introduced in
the most recent revision of the Working Draft (subclause 6.2.9).

Please let me know if I missed anything. Also, if you make any updates to
current documents - please reply to this email with either the updated
links or notifications if / when any content updates have been made in
place, without changing the document links / locations.

As a reminder, the next SC29/WG3 meeting will be held on April 22-26.
The input submission deadlines for the next WG meeting are as follows:
- April 15: deadline for registration of input contributions;
- April 17: upload deadline for registered input contributions.

The direct emails with the meeting invite including Zoom info will follow
soon. Again, due to public availability of the AHG list archive, this info
will not be shared on the AHG email list - please contact me directly if
you would like to be added as an invitee and have not been a participant in
any prior AHG meetings.